Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life is Good Here


The past few years has been rather hectic... but it has been the best few years of our lives. And it just keeps getting better! :)

I don't know how many times I've done it, but I have been griping about moving ever since the day we found out we were. How stressful it is, how my arms hurt from moving stuff or painting walls, or how much money I have spent on gas going back and forth [again] moving, or how we will spend some money to finish the other house to get it ready to sell etc., etc... But what we [John and I both] always felt but never say as much as we ought to is how THANKFUL we are for all that we have been blessed with... the fact that we have to spend a little bit of money to finish what we started in the other house to sell it is nothing compared to having ZERO house payment when it's all said and done... how I have been blessed with the most wonderful parents-in-law who have looked after me and have taken care of me like I was their own flesh and blood [sometimes, it's crazy but I feel like they love me more than John! LOL].

And, you may be so sick of me saying this by now but I HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL HUSBAND ON THE EARTH! He isn't perfect, but he is wonderful! I love his smile, his laugh and his very many quirks... and most of all I love his very sincere, generous, loyal, kind, very understanding heart. His skillful hands make all of my crazy ideas come to life. 




I get so teary when I look back to seven years ago. Who would've thought we'd be where we're at now. We have come so far... People our age are yet about to purchase their first home, but here we are getting moved in to our fourth house! LOL Some people are struggling between chasing after what they want to do with their lives, but John and I are exactly where we wanna be, doing exactly things that we love. :)

Six years ago, at my Uncle Al's and Auntie Lap's home in San Francisco, John was waiting for me to arrive. And I vividly remember them telling John how they are scared of him moving me into a small town because they just thought my city-loving butt won't ever warm up to small town living. Well, it took quite a bit of getting used to, but I have come to love it... except that we make it a point to go to St Louis at least twice a month [okay! maybe more than twice a month!] Sometimes, it just feels good to be stuck in traffic, or get lost in the city, or walk around. You know that thing they say, "You can take the girl from the city but you can't take the city out of the girl" is true.

I may not be living in the city like I'm used to, but life is good and it is beautiful nonetheless. I may not say it more often but GOD aren't I grateful for all this... If I had to do it all over again, I'd gladly do it again and I wouldn't change a thing! Otherwise [these animals] Senior Voodoo, Foozie, Meester Peapers and Iddy won't be where they are now either. I love all our pets! They are a joy to have around.
If I chose to live somewhere else, I wouldn't have gotten to meet the best friends in the world! Crazy enough to eat the stuff that I make in my kitchen... not knowing what's in the food they are eating. lol 


I love my life! I don't think anyone else has it as good as I do. :) And for that, I am so thankful to the One who is The Source of all this... Not just for the stuff, but for the people I love. They make living in this small town feel like HOME.

Dear God, 

Thanks for this beautiful life and forgive me if I don't love it enough [sometimes].
signature
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...